RIIMPO320E – CONDUCT CIVIL CONSTRUCTION EXCAVATOR OPERATIONS
Learn to conduct excavator operations in the civil construction industry. Practical experience in various trenching techniques and bulk earthworks including pipe lifting techniques and load restraint.
DURATION: 4 TO 10 DAYS
At Foresite Training we offer training that is nationally recognised by industry from the Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII) Training Package. This means that your earthmoving tickets will be recognised throughout Australia in the mining and infrastructure sectors.
- Learn to operate modern plant used by industry
- Each student is allocated earth moving plant for the course duration
- Practical and theory training
- Maximum plant time for practical, hands-on training
We also offer shorter courses to NOHSC standards, for more information please call us on 1300 366 015.
We offer 2 different courses to match your experience level.
|4-5 Days RII Excavator Training Course|
||Who is this course designed for?
Our 4-5 Days excavator training and assessment course is for people with no previous experience operating this type of machinery.
Course Duration: 4-5 Days
Course Outcome: Successful students receive an industry recognised competency ticket
* Should the required level of competency not be achieved, additional training days will be needed and charged at $350 per day
- What is the technical name?
- What is it commonly called?
Excavator or Digger
- What type/brand of Excavator does Foresite Training operate?
Cat 301.5 and Yanmar Vio55
- How many excavators does Foresite Training have?
We have 2 Excavators. One is a Caterpillar 1.5 ton Mini excavator, second is a Yanmar 5.5 ton Medium Excavator. All students will get to operate both. Students will usually start on the 1.5ton and progress to the 5.5ton.
- Does the excavator have rubber tracks or Steel tracks?
Rubber on both.
- Does the excavator have an open cab or an enclosed cab (also known as an AC Cab or Closed cab)?
The Cat has an open cab. The Yanmar has a fully enclosed, heated and air-conditioned cab.
- What attachment (buckets) does the excavator have?
Both machines have 3 buckets, a mud bucket, a GP (general purpose) bucket and a trenching bucket. Students will learn how to attach all buckets using a manual hitch on the Cat and a Hydraulic quick hitch on the Yanmar. Also, we can instruct students on the use of our Auger (post hole digger) if time permits.