Amazon Australia – Amazon.com.au
Tuesday the 5th of December 2017 is a big day for Australian consumers and Amazon Australia. With the official launch of www.amazon.com.au and the opening of their Dandenong South distribution hub.
Just in time for Christmas shoppers, this will prove to be a massive shake-up for the retail industry. An analysis by Slice Intelligence found that 43% of all online retail sales in the US went through Amazon in 2016, as the e-commerce giant’s market share continues to grow.
With more choice, better prices and fast delivery Amazon Australia – Amazon.com.au will surely become a leading marketplace in Australia. Their growth will fuel the expansion of the logistics sectors, meaning more jobs for people trained in warehousing, logistics, and transportation.
Amazon’s corporate offices with over a 1,000 employees are located are in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, and Perth. Their new distribution centre in Dandenong South will be the nucleus for product distribution.
- Next Day delivery available.
- The new Australian marketplace covers over 20 categories ranging from books and music to kitchen goods and IT products.
- Amazon will be offering “millions” of products from well-known Australian and international brands.
- Dandenong based distribution hub.
Are you looking for a career change?
TLI32416 – Certificate III in Logistics
TLI31216 – Certificate III in Driving Operations
Our Dandenong campus is ideally located to provide a skilled workforce.
Our sources have indicated that the following skill sets are in need:
- Order Picker
- RF Scanning
- Receive & Store Stock
- Pick & Process Orders
- Heavy Rigid Vehicle
- EWP operators
- Heavy Vehicle
For more information on our training packages click here
Government funding available* Call 1300 366 015 for more information, we have new courses commencing on a monthly basis.
* This training may be delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding through the Skills First Program for eligible individuals. Commencing this course may impact your future entitlement to receive government subsidised training. || Individuals with disabilities and/or special needs are encouraged to apply. || #Eligibility criteria and fees apply for these electives. || ^WorkSafe licensing fees apply.